6.29.2005

July 4th Shrimp Peel

Hi, All.
I am planning a July 4th Shrimp Peel in my backyard for the team and friends of the team (significant others, etc). A Shrimp Peel in the south is steamed shrimp with "low-country boil" seasoning (if I can find that recipe), which is found in the Savannah area, with corn on the cob and whatever else we pull together, plus libations.

Anyway, these are some of the details:
1. I'd like to follow an early supper (5:00 PM or so) with a paddle to the point to see the fireworks (yes, the city's spectacular fireworks are on the 4th). Kit's working on permission from TRRA to take the boat out and I'm trying to see how many of you are interested - so I need to hear from you right away. So far, Lisa, Mina, Marie & Ralph, and I are in the boat...which leads to issue/point #2...

2. If we cannot pull together enough for the boat, we will still do the dinner, then drive to the point and stake out a piece of lawn near Heinz Field.

3. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll eat on the covered front porch or inside.

4. As you RSVP, let me know what would you like to bring. Mina's conjuring up a cauliflower quiche and will also contribute a couple of bottles of wine that Pauline gave her. Lisa's promising a southern flavored dessert. If you don't want to cook, you can chip in on the shrimp - or else go to your favorite grocery store. FYI: I have beer that was left over from our scrimmage with Steelcity.

See you soon, Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home