5.31.2005

DC Debrief

Confirmed by this weekend's DC experience(s): We have a great team. We paddle strong and with heart, no matter what the conditions.

Jack told the Tribune-Review reporter last fall that he was on the team because of what it offered: teamwork, comraderie, and power. I saw all three factors come out in full force this weekend. Congratulations!!!

Please let me know, via email or a post here, any feedback you have on (a) what worked or what didn't work in terms of how we organized ourselves for the festival, any lessons learned that you want to see applied to Toronto -- this could be stuff directly related to racing or stuff related to the logistics around getting us there and getting set up; and (b) what you think the DC festival organizers did well or should change for next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kit said...

Thanks again to Georgia for the fantastic tee shirts! They definitely contributed to the "teamwork" factor in our presence at the festival site.

9:59 AM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger lisa said...

I agree with Mina. Anything that reduces stress before a race helps. Georgia how do you feel about designing paddle covers?
In general I thought the races were better organized than last year, less waiting in the chute, easier to keep track of where everything was. I really think having team pfds would help our image and our confidence.

3:01 PM, May 31, 2005  
Blogger Jordan said...

I'm not sure that team PFDs would make all that much of a difference. I think only one of the New York teams that I noticed had uniform PFDs. The main difference that I noticed between us and the teams that beat us was the male to female ratio. While the other teams were paddling 12 men in all of the races, the most we had in the boat at once (paddling) was 7 in our 500m final. If we could get that 12:8 ratio with OUR technique I think it would be a wrap.

10:46 AM, June 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home