2.01.2007

Happy February!

It may be the shortest month, but it's my current favorite... Library Lovers Month!

A few dragon boat-related things you can do at your library:
  • Surf the web for dragon boat sites.
  • Check out paddling or fitness-themed books.
  • Learn to speak Chinese.
  • Learn to cook dumplings.
  • Recruit new paddlers.
  • Use the online databases to search for dragon boats in newspaper articles, magazine stories, or fiction. I used NoveList to find the children's book pictured at right: One is a Drummer by Roseanne Thong.
Happy Library Lovin' to you all...


3 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn N said...

That looks like a great book for Julia and Grant. I think I'll have to check it out at the library! Thanks, Sarah!

8:11 PM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hooray! I looked for this in the Carnegie catalog, and I think they do have a copy at your local library.

I love the cover illustration, it cracks me up. Though I wonder about the boy sitting in the front of the boat -- why isn't that little slacker paddling??

12:26 AM, February 02, 2007  
Blogger Carolyn N said...

So, we braved the cold and checked the book out of the library today. It's a great counting book, and it's beautifully illustrated. The kids love it! We also checked out another book by the same author, "Red is a Dragon."

I think that little boy is enamored by the girl drumming and forgot to paddle! (He's not a very good stroke!) In one of the illustrations in the book, all of the kids are paddling with matching blade angles, so there's hope for that team.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Sarah!

9:28 PM, February 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home