10.08.2006

News from another festival

I'm terribly jealous to have missed the Philadelphia festival, and look forward to hearing all about it from my fellow Paddlefish.

In my search for news about Philly, though, I ran across this little piece from the Seattle Times about a dragon-boat race in China:

Talk about putting the drag into dragon-boat racing.

Several competitors were disqualified from the traditional women's race at China's annual Ethnic Minority Games after it was discovered they were cross-dressing men. It wasn't the wigs that gave them away per se, China's Xinhua news agency reported, but rather the startling sight of "big women with Adam's apples."

I bet the Paddlefish women are tough enough to beat a boat full of cross-dressing men. I say we invite them to the Pittsburgh festival next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home