8.20.2004

Getting Ready-Ready for the Festival

It's time to start thinking about next month's festival/race: Saturday, September 18th, South Side's waterfront park. Please post here your ability to commit to paddling in the mixed race that day and your willingness to paddle in a master's and/or men's or women's race.

If you go to the festival website, you'll see that the race info (http://www.pittsburghdragonboatfestival.org/RaceInfo.htm) mentions that teams who would like help in learning how to paddle a dragonboat or who want experienced paddlers to help as drummers or steerspeople should contact the Paddlefish or Steel City Dragons. Are you able to volunteer for this? It would involve two practices with the novice team, plus help on the day of the festival.


6 Comments:

Blogger lisa said...

I will be available for the festival for whichever races I am needed in. I am going to drum/coach my office novice team as well.

6:43 PM, August 22, 2004  
Blogger Kit said...

Kit, I would be willing to drum for a novice team on the 18th. -- Lori S.

2:46 PM, August 24, 2004  
Blogger Kit said...

I'm willing to commit to paddling in the mixed, master's, and women's races, as needed, and am volunteering with Rob Chambers' novice team.

2:53 PM, August 25, 2004  
Blogger laurie b said...

Dick, Kate and I will be at the festival and will be available to paddle as needed--we will also be helping out with our office team.

8:34 AM, August 27, 2004  
Blogger Kit said...

Here's what I've got so far for the team boat for the festival -- please update as needed. Thanks!

Paddlefish committed to festival race/s:

1. Kathi: mixed/women’s/masters
2. Bob: mixed/men’s/masters
3. Lisa: mixed/women’s/masters
4. Judy: mixed (women’s? masters?)
5. Chris: mixed/women’s masters
6. Kit: mixed/women’s/masters
7. Chuck: mixed/men’s
8. Jordan: mixed/men’s
9. Dick: mixed/men’s/masters
10. Laurie: mixed/men’s/masters
11. Kate: mixed/women’s
12. Lori S.: mixed (women’s/masters?)
13. Diana: mixed (women’s/masters?)

Mina: only available till 11 AM/noon, so cannot commit till race schedule set (finals on race day are currently set to begin at noon)

2:15 PM, August 27, 2004  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Sorry I've been so slow - I forgot my logon info...I will paddle for masters, mixed, and womens

6:15 PM, September 03, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home