7.10.2006

Great News from Twin City Dragons!

Hi, Guys!

We had our first race yesterday, and we one 1 out
of 4, which we felt was great! It was a Taiwan style
flag catching race, so that added some excitement. It
was great to pull the team together even more and I
think we recruited some new members as well! We had a
full boat for all 4 heats, and I had to scramble the
night before to make sure we had enough women- crazy,
huh?

We will be going to our next race in about 3
weeks, in Grand Marais, MN, where we will race on Lake
Superior. I just wanted to give you guys the update. I
wrote about our doings on the blog on our myspace if
you wanna check it out. People are really excited now,
and I have the members of my oh-so-important
fundraising commitee now.

I believe they said it was a 300 metre race, and they
made us do one run and then come back and do another,
taking the averages. Thanks for teaching me so well! I
really did it! I made a team by teaching them in
canoes and on land with a shovel handle. Crazy.

Yours,

Georgia

p.s. people are totally gung ho about getting boats so
hopefully by spring we will have our own! some of the
guys want to build one. I told them to form their own
commitee for that....


http://www.myspace.com/twincitydragons
http://blog.myspace.com/twincitydragons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home