11.22.2005

Gobble Gobble

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving filled with lots of turkey, stuffing, and my personal favorite, mashed potatoes. There is no official practice Saturday morning but if you want to work out after consuming those massive amounts of calories, there are many options available. If your just dying to erg, the Washington's Landing boathouse will most likely be open. If erging "isnt your style" a jog around your neighborhood or a local track might be a good idea. Or, if your like me, Saturday will be spent lounging around the house eating Thanksgiving leftovers, and THAT is a workout in itself. Come Monday, though, Ill be back to working out.

If anyone has any ideas for other holiday workouts or wants to get a group together to work out Saturday post a comment. All ideas are welcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Well,
how's-about a Mongolian lesson?

I've spent the last half-an-hour perfecting numbers 1 - 4 and my mouth has never had quite such an energetic work-out...

making those second syllables short has an allarming similarity to Ben's constant nagging to 'stab the paddle into the water' :)

2:37 PM, November 23, 2005  
Blogger Rich Smith said...

The Trictophan must have really kicked in since I am not reading this post until the 26th (4 days late). I was at Millvale this morning at 8:00 am and around 9 more Pfish began to arrive. I was about finished but I enjoyed chatting and disrupting everyone's workout :-)

Marie listened to my sad story about how hard the Paddle ERG is relative to the Rowing ERG. She empathized with me and then somehow gave me incentive to go to the Paddle ERG and try the 500m, which I did; and after about 15 seconds into the paddle I broke the rope on the ERG :-( Sorry team!

I did use the other Paddle ERG and did the 500m without further breakage. It was a good morning and I enjoyed the workout.

2:26 PM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home