A Dragonboater's Top Ten List
An anonymous paddler posted the following via the Canadian Community Dragonboating Assocation's web site. Paddlefish who have shared a bench near Chuck can only assume that the #1 reason provided here is a clue that this anonymous poster has paddled in Pittsburgh:
Top Ten Signs That You're a Hardcore Dragonboater
10. After a meeting at work, you form a line outside the boardroom and high-five everyone as they file out.
9. Brother's wedding or the Montreal Dragon Boat Festival? Why, that practically answers itself.
8. When stopped at an intersection, you see a car creeping over the solid white line and yell, "man in the red Ford…back it down or you're disqualified!"
7. You have calluses on your ass and palms the size of quarters
6. When running with your friends to catch the last train home from work, you yell "series in 5...4…3…2…1".
5. You are starting to resemble the body shape of a gorilla.
4. You know what a heart attack feels like already.
3. You argue with a 90 year old lady who is sitting in the middle of the bus, claiming that you always sit in the 'engine room'.
2. After a bout of lovemaking with your significant other, you say 'let it run'
1. You have finally found something that smells worse than your hockey bag...PADDLING SHOES!
For more, see http://www.paddlesup.ca/articles.html on the CCDBA site.